Slide cupping, which is based on traditional Chinese medicinal techniques of suction ball therapy, is an approach to swelling by sliding the silicone suction cups over the skin to stimulate blood flow, lymphatic flow and to reduce facial inflammation.
Facial cupping has been getting popular as a new anti-aging beauty method as it improves dullness caused by reduced blood flow, stagnant toxins and inflammation on your skin, leading to bright and rejuvenated skin!
Facial cupping has been shown to:
- increase oxygen-rich blood circulation
- strengthen skin and connective tissues
- stimulate cells responsible for collagen production
- relax muscle tension
Because of this, the practice is said to:
- brighten skin
- minimize the appearance of scars, fine lines, and wrinkles
- tone chin, jawline, neck, and décolletage
- decrease puffiness
- regulate oil production
- improve nutrient delivery and product absorption
Sylicone facial cupping set (set of 2)
- Wash your face and gently pat dry.
- Moisturize your skin with serum or loction, tap your skin (face and neck ) to release the tensions and stimulates blood circulation.
- Apply a light layer of face oil on your face, neck and decolte area. This will help decrease your risk of bruising as you move the cups. and move the cups easily.
- Start by applying a cup from centre of your face to upward toward your faceline. (Centre of your forhead to the temples, side of your nose toward ears. Under your chin to your faceline.)
- Use smaller cup for eye area and above lips.
- Continue until you have successfully cupped all desired areas.
- If you used a face oil, cleanse your face and pat dry. Otherwise, use a splash of warm water to reopen your pores.
- Continue with your beauty or skin care routine. Facial cupping is said to increase product absorption, so now’s the time to apply.
You may notice minor redness and irritation afterward. This is normal and should subside within a few hours.